Tuesday, December 26, 2017

2018 Year In Review | eBay Business

Hey folks.

It's Newbie here, fresh off a 2-week hiatus for the holidays. As you all know, Q4 is pretty much over, but have no fears. Some of the best sales I ever have are actually AFTER Christmas when people are looking for something to spend their gift card money on.

But not to ignore all of you who are curious about how my own business has done this year, I present to you my 2018 Year in Review for my new eBay business.

But before we get into statistics and all that jazz, let's remember: success isn't measured by financial gains but by happiness. Which means if you're like me, don't expect big numbers right away. I relaunched my eBay business this summer and haven't really tried to grow it all that much. To be honest, I'm quite content with just letting it fizzle for a while as I grow adjusted to a new living situation and figure out how to make more of my dreams come true. But for now, I'm just going to enjoy the sales I have.

Now to the Numbers

ebay business


To end the year, I did a total of $404.89 in sales, which honestly isn't bad considering I started 3 months ago.

To give a better picture, that averages out to $134.96 a month, which to mean is a good measuring stick for the following year.

However, within the last 31 days, I average about $181.53 and hope to bring this up to $200.00 a month with as much little effort as possible. I know that sounds blasphemous, but that's just how I think. With all that said, money is coming in, and I can't really complain.

On the Brighter Side

Putting numbers aside for a moment, the brighter side is that I have not had one return this year. Additionally, I've sold a total of 26 items this year, with the highest sold at $36.25. That was a Canon DSLR Camera Lens, which way undersold.

While the sales have been minimal and humble, the growth has been steady and trickling in. More importantly, I'm still in business, which for many is the ultimate sign of success. Notwithstanding any emergencies, it looks like I'll be in business for another 6 months without having to stress out too much.

Of course, that truly is the beauty of eBay. You don't have to invest much, you don't need major overhead, and you can really pace yourself. For me, that means spending a couple of days sourcing for inventory and trying to clean up storage for the new year. For others, it might mean just some hobby money. Whatever the case, money is coming in. And better yet, I'm not homeless. I couldn't say as much 6 months ago.

What to Expect for the New Year

As with everything, expect more of the same for the New Year. Blog articles will come, I will start looking at how to make this profitable, and hopefully get my YouTube channel to grow. While I try to offer as much wisdom as I possibly can, the truth is I'm still a new seller. And while this is my second year in business, as my title goes, I'm still a Newbie. Which means, maybe less advice and more reflections.

But as with everything, who knows. The horizon is still out there.

Best and much love!

And as always, may your treasure hunting be forever glorious!

Newbie

No comments:

Post a Comment