Monday, December 4, 2017

Knowing When to Quit Your Job and Switch to eBay Full-Time

Photo by rawpixel.com on Unsplash


Hey folks.

As the holidays roll around us this merry December and your sales feel like they're hitting the dumps, the question begins to form in our minds. Should I be doing this full-time?

Knowing when to quit your job may seem like a no-brainer for many of your, but for much more I suspect, the prospect seems daunting. Will I ever make enough? Will I continue to sell as much? Can I really do this?

While the decision may be a tough one, the simple answer is you know you're ready to quit when you can't tolerate your day job anymore and know eBay is the right thing to do in your heart. Honestly, it's that simple.

But for me, the reality is, eBay is just a passion that happens to make a lot of money. But before I throw in the towel for this article, let me remind you, all opinions are my own and that I hate working a day job. Does this make me absolutely biased? You bet! But it also means I know the value of my time and the wisdom that comes from looking at overall value rather than dollars per hour. Which is why eBay for me is an absolute must.

But again, who am I to tell you what to do?

What I can say, however, is that you will know when the right time strikes to quit your job and pursue many this full-time hobby as well, a full-time gig. And that means knowing when to walk away from the corporate machine and saying fuck you to the stupid ladder we all seem bound to climb. But to do so, you gotta have guts. And you gotta have passion. And you gotta love eBay. It's that simple.

Sure, I can sell you all the top 10 reasons why quitting your job and switch to eBay full-time is the right move, but that would be disingenuous to your own pursuits. Because at the end of the day, the only person who knows when to quit their job is you, and by you, I mean your guidance system.

Perhaps it's your gut feeling, perhaps that voice in the back of your head, or maybe simply a higher power. Whatever the case, only if you can trust that sensation you're feeling and take the plunge, which believes me, you will, will you know exactly when to quit and do this job full-time.

Sure, we could also talk about finances and accounting bullshit. But the truth is, no amount of money will deter you from you know in your heart to be true. Which is that if you're reading this article, you know you're going to quit. And when you know this, it can be frightening. But it can be done.

But have no fear. Because where there is a dream, there is a way. It's a spin on an old cliche and yet remains true to this day. Because what you have in your heart must dictate your mind, and your mind must be made up. But only you can know when that is. And only you can push the button and dictate the terms.

And trust me, fear is a powerful thing. But so is a leap of faith.

So which one are you going to let win?

...

As always, much love and blessings! And may your treasure hunting be glorious!

--Newbie


No comments:

Post a Comment