Wednesday, December 6, 2017

Why Do I Lack Motivation As An eBay Reseller?

Photo by Samuel Zeller on Unsplash


Hey folks.

Today I want to talk about a very common problem many new resellers and people in general face, which is why do I lack motivation. It's a common problem that many of us face, but the truth is it doesn't have to be this way. See, the biggest area that is of concern for many of you is this notion that you know you are not working hard enough or that you are not trying your best. But as if with everything, this is just negativity for the mind that really serves no higher purpose.

I'll be honest, there are many times in my life when I feel like I have no motivation or desire. Often I find my own frustrations to be environmental or simply consequences of no-doing of my own. But while that can give me pause to consider what I could have done differently, perhaps there needs to be some explaining.

If you find yourself in a position in life where you're reselling on eBay just to get by or help yourself move ahead in life, you might find yourself stuck in a situation where you can't do anything to really grow at a faster rate. Sure, you can list 20 items every day and source three times a week. But the reality is no matter how much work you put into your business, there just isn't much to show for yourself. At least not right away. And honestly, it's that testing of patience that can be deadly.

I'll be honest, patience is a strong suit of mine, but lately, there is no motivation to really try anymore. When I first started selling on eBay 2 years ago my goal was to pay off some very high credit card debt and eventually get off disability. The credit card debt got paid, but rather than become a full-time reseller I got sidetracked by politics and found myself going down detour after detour. Now that I'm back in the game, though, I find myself facing similar problems. Whereas as eBay at one point in time seemed like an ultimate career move, now it feels more like a hobby and something to do on the weekends.

Not that there is anything wrong with that!

But for me, the true value of flipping other people's trash for online treasure lost it's luster to the point where I don't see much growth, at least not by how I can measure it.

Does that mean I'm not going to ever become a full-time seller or no go anywhere in life? Hardly! But it does mean that at many points in my second go as an online reseller I simply don't have the focus or motivation to become better at it that I once did. I blame much of this on lousy spiritual teachings that taught that a higher power would simply just lift his finger and make my life better as if there is simply a divine presence that will magically make our lives better. But while this teaching has put me in the dumps, the reality is my environment still seems to be playing a key role.

For me, my goal in life was just to get on my own two feet and take care of myself. After losing an apartment in 2012 and moving back my dad for 5 years, my life became hopeless and desperate. I honestly never thought I would move out of my house and get back on my own. But as of last Thursday, I now rent a one bedroom apartment that I can call my very own. So while the motivation for reselling is gone at the moment, the reality is there were goals still being accomplished.

Does that mean eBay is finished for me? I'd like to think no, but as with everything, where life takes us never seems to be where we were headed. And yet we get to our destination anyway.

Which is why I ask what you have accomplished as you sit in your chair depressed about the state of your business. Perhaps you're religious and lack faith in a God that seems to care about your own success and triumph. Perhaps you're just dumbfounded why following all of the YouTube gurus seems to have led you astray. Whatever the case, just have hope and know that if I can get out of a homeless shelter and survive, then you're business can do so as well.

But just remember, even if you're not motivated, you still haven't thrown in the towel. And that is the first step to true success. Even if it feels like you're not going anywhere. As for me, eBay seems to be all I have left at times. While it can be a fun hobby, it's better knowing I don't have any expectations this time around with it. But a sale would be nice. Just don't ask me to do anything about it today.

...

As always, much love and God bless! And may your treasure hunting be glorious!

Newbie

No comments:

Post a Comment