Monday, November 27, 2017

Should You Trust Your Gut Instinct | The True Test of a Reseller

Photo by Meiying Ng on Unsplash

AS the saying goes, if you can't trust yourself, who can you trust?

And so it is, as any reseller knows all too well, that the true test of a good flipper is should you trust your gut instinct? To which I would reply, a resounding yes.

Yes, I know there is something hypocritical about writing an eBay blog that gives advice and tips to resellers, not to mention a YouTube channel, but I wouldn't be honest if I told you that half of the stuff I post here is based off my own gut instinct.

So when I recommend you do the same, I mean it. I practice what I preach.

What is the Gut Instinct?

Simply put, the gut instinct is your guidance system. Some say this is your inner compass, others your feelings, but to you and you only, it's what you know deep down is right. Which means you know what is going to sell on eBay.

Not to say, you're always right or that you will always find success in what you believe, but then again, yes you will. Because as with everything, what some define as failure is to others simply a push in the right direction. Which means when you purchase something in hopes of flipping it for a profit on eBay or Amazon, you're trusting your gut instincts to give you an edge over the competition.

And yes, that means finding stuff without a smartphone.

Hold Up, No Smartphone!

Yes, I honestly mean that. I know in some circles that is blasphemy or simply bad teachings, but I will restate it again. As a reseller, you should be aiming to get to a point where you rely less on a smartphone and more on your own natural instincts as a hopefully by now seasoned reseller.

And let's be honest, not only is using a smartphone tacky, but also an easy way to stand out in a crowd.

You won't believe the horror stories I've read about people using their smartphones at garage sales, only to have greedy sellers raise the prices once they spot these unwise resellers. But the truth is, when you're on your smartphone out in the open, you become easy prey to scorn and raised prices. Not to mention people who just think this behavior is downright rude.

And believe me, I get it. I started out with reselling doing the same thing. I used smartphones for a year to learn my craft, and I am in no way demeaning this behavior if you truly feel in your gut it's teaching what to resell. See what I did there?

But I'm going to tell you, that not only is a smartphone a crutch, but is absolutely crippling your own natural instincts as a reseller.

My Gut Tells Me I'm Hungry

Good, go get something to eat. But when you come back, get serious. Which is be honest: wouldn't you rather go out and find stuff to sell without the hassle of having to constantly look shit up on the internet?

Or better yet, wouldn't you like to know that you're that damn good at reselling that you can walk into a thrift store like a smooth criminal and find stuff in the snap of finger before your competition can even google faux leather wooden shoes. Yeah, I made those keywords up on the spot. That's what my gut does.

So get real and start telling yourself that you too can trust your gut instinct. And before you go all crazy on me for suggesting you don't use a useful tool, let me remind you of the horror that is the obnoxious millennial browsing the internet when they should be looking out for other people walking.

So get off those phones and start trusting your gut. And while we're at it, post some solds!

...

Best and God bless!

Newbie

No comments:

Post a Comment